Friday, February 19, 2010

Fear Blog

When I was around the naive age of five, I was afraid of many things. I was afraid of generic things that children were terrified of like the dark, ghosts and the boogieman, but my biggest fear was a bit different from those things. My fear was a monster in the basement that only came out when I went down there alone, although my parents would try to convince that there wasn't a monster, I was sure there was a monster. I remember one time my mom told me to go get the laundry basket down from the basement and I begged her to go down there with me so the monster wouldn't get me. So I ran down the stairs as fast as I could to get the basket and I was screaming the whole time because I thought i was going to get eaten by the monster. I made it safely upstairs and realized there was no real monster to be scared of. This relates to the beast in "Lord of the Flies" because there is no real beast but when all of the boys start hype the beasts existence. Then Ralph realizes that there isn't a beast after Simon is murdered because he was the "beast" just like I realized there was no monster in the basement after I went down into the basement and didn't get eaten by a monster. All in all, there was nothing for me to be really scared of and it was all fueled by my imagination going wild.

4 comments:

  1. I can understand where you're coming from; nice decription, and nice connection to the book paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, even though I can't say I was scared of a monster living in my basement, your story was pretty good and funny. And it relates well to Lord of the Flies. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. paul its okay i too was afraid of those generic things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul I was afraid of some of those generic things to

    ReplyDelete